Martha Stewart's Deviled Quail Eggs and Caviar
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Mayonnaise or high-quality store-bought mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces salmon roe
- 3 ounces black caviar
- 24 Crostini
- Place quail eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with several inches cold water. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, and let sit 2 minutes, stirring several times to ensure even cooking. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water, and let cool completely, about 5 minutes. Remove eggs, 1 at a time, and pat dry with paper towels. Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise. Remove yolks, and reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice.
- Fill each egg-white half with 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Place a dab of egg-yolk mixture on each crostini, and place an egg half on top. Serve immediately.
Total time: 35 minutes
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!
Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.marthastewart.com/910523/deviled-quail-eggs-caviar
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.