Food & Wine: Poppy's Caviar
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 5 scallions)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
- 1/3 cup chervil sprigs, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces Tennessee river paddlefish caviar or sturgeon caviar
- 1 (4 1/4-ounce) package water crackers
- Whisk together scallions, oil, vinegar, dill, chives, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Finely chop half of the chervil, and whisk into dressing. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Divide sour cream evenly among 4 shallow bowls, making a well in center of each. Pour dressing evenly into wells.
- Dollop about 2 ounces caviar on edge of sour cream in each bowl, and garnish evenly with remaining chervil sprigs. Serve with water crackers.
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!
Recipe Credit: Food & Wine
Photo by Greg Dupree