Martha Stewart: Purple Potato Chips with Creme Fraiche and Caviar
- 1 medium purple potato (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups hot water
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 ounces caviar
- Slice potato paper-thin on a mandoline. Dissolve salt in the hot water; add potato. Soak until water cools completely, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 inches oil in large heavy-bottom pot until 350 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. drain potato slices; pat dry. Fry in batches until crispy but still purple, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. When cool, top each with 1/4 teaspoon creme fraiche and 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!