Traditional Home: Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Sea Scallops and Caviar
- 8 fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Chicken broth (optional)
- 1 ounce American black sturgeon caviar
- Shaved Pecorino cheese
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Pat dry with paper towels; cover and chill until serving time. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place cauliflower on 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and white pepper. Toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown.
- In large saucepan, heat 2 more tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion, leek, and garlic to saucepan. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add roasted cauliflower, broth, and cream to saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- With immersion blender, blend soup until smooth, or transfer to blender or food processor, half at a time, and blend or process until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through. Add additional broth to reach desired consistency.
- In large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Cook scallops in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown and just opaque in center, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Place one scallop in each serving bowl. Spoon soup around scallop. Garnish soup with caviar and Pecorino cheese. Drizzle with truffle oil. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!
Rossbund, K. (n.d.). Entertaining: Casual Dining in a Carriage House. Retrieved October 07, 2017, from http://www.traditionalhome.com/food-entertaining/great-gatherings/entertaining-casual-dining-carriage-house?page=5
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.