Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs- Food Network
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces good smoked salmon, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces salmon roe- We recommend our Smoked Trout Roe or any of our Black Caviar
- Place the eggs in a pot large enough to hold them in a single layer. Cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a full boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the eggs stand for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and fill the pot with cold water. Set aside until the eggs are cool.
- Peel the eggs and then slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks carefully. Place the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and arrange the whites on a platter in a single layer with the cut sides up and sprinkle with salt.
- To the egg yolks, add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt, and pepper. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. With a small spoon, fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Cover loosely with plastic wrap (you don't want to flatten the filling) and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of salmon roe and some extra chopped chives. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe Credit: The Food Network
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.