Sweden: Toast Skagen
- 4 slices of white bread
- 11 oz peeled prawns (shrimps)
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 5 oz whitefish roe
- 2 oz)fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- Cut off the crusts of the bread slices. Sauté the bread golden brown on both sides in a little butter. Place on paper towels.
- If the prawns are large, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Save four sprigs of dill for garnishes. Finely chop the rest of the dill and mix with the prawns, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Apportion the mixture on the slices of sautéd bread.
- Shape the whitefish roe like eggs and place on top of each toast.
- Garnish each with a sprig of dill and serve with a slice of lemon.
Recipe Credit: Sweden
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!