Corn Juice Pudding Adapted for The Caviar Co.
1. 12 ea Yellow or White Corn (shucked, cut kernels, scraped of the Cobb)
2. 5 g (about 1 tbs) Kosher Salt
3. ¼ tsp White pepper (finely ground)
4. 2 Tbs Unsalted butter
5. 2 ea Limes (juiced)
6. Fresh garden chives, sliced (optional)
7. 1oz of Caviar 1 oz - We used Kaluga Hybrid
Chef’s Note- Extra Virgin Olive oil can be used for a dairy free option
- Juice the precut corn through a champion juicer or a vita prep blender.
- Strain the juice thru a fine mesh sieve or chiniose
- In a saucepan cook the juice over medium low heat and whisk constantly until it comes to a simmer.
- Using a rubber spatula scrape the sides of the pan and the bottom to prevent scorching.
- At this point the juice will start to thicken once it has reduced by half.
- Fold in the butter and the lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Chill and reserve.
- Serve with your favorite caviar, blini, or any adaptable substitute.
- Garnish with fresh sliced chives
YIELD 1 QTS
Recipe Credit: Executive Chef Raj Dixit of Michael Mina.