- Egg Yolks Hollandaise Reduction:
- 1⁄2 c Champagne Vinegar 1⁄2 c white wine
- 1 Shallot, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 C Clarified Butter
- Heat the oven to 350
- Place champagne vinegar, white wine, shallot and
- 4 each Whole Eggs
- 1 T White Distilled Vinegar 2 each English Muffins
- 4 oz. Smoked Salmon
- 1 Lemon
- 1 oz. Fresh Spinach
- Your Selection of caviar
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Place champagne vinegar, white wine, shallot and black peppercorn in a sauce pot and reduce by half.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to the simmer.
- Fill a sauce pot halfway with water, heat over medium heat to a simmer.
- Melt the clarified butter in a small pot. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and hollandaise reduction in the metal bowl.
- Place a metal bowl over the sauce pot with simmering water, whisking constantly.
Take the bowl on and off the heat, whisking the whole time. Keep cooking the egg yolks in this
manner until the yolks are thick and cooked.
- Remove the yolks from the heat.
Using a ladle, slowly drizzle the clarified butter into the cooked yolks, whisking the entire time, until
all of the butter is used. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Split the English muffins and place them on the baking sheet, bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the white vinegar to the large pot of simmering water.
Swirl the water and add all of the eggs, cook very gently for 3 minutes. Remove into a bowl with a
Take the hot English muffins out of the oven, place the salmon and spinach on top. Sprinkle with a
little lemon juice.
Place the poached eggs on top, coat with the hollandaise sauce, and finish with Caviar Company
- Enjoy with an ice-cold mimosa!!
Recipe Credit: Truffle Shuffle
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Smoked Salmon Caviar Benedict