The Caviar Co.'s Caviar Carbonara
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or to taste
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 4 ounces pappardelle (or other wide noodle pasta)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Paddlefish caviar from The Caviar Co.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add cheese and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 7-10 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup pasta water.
- Slowly stream in a bit of pasta water to eggs to temper them, stirring as you add it until combined.
- Add pasta and stir into sauce to combine. Add in additional pasta water as needed to thicken sauce to desired consistency.
- Divide among serving bowls and top each with caviar, some additional lemon zest and a good grind of fresh pepper and serve.
Tag @TheCaviarCo of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media Pages!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.