- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 4 ounces pappardelle (or other wide noodle pasta)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paddlefish caviar
1. In a large bowl, add eggs and beat until combined.
2. Add cheese and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and add salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 7-10 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water.
4. Slowly stream in a bit of pasta water to eggs to temper them, stirring as you add it until combined.
5. Add pasta and stir into sauce to combine. Add in additional pasta water as needed to thicken sauce to desired consistency.
6. Divide among serving bowls and top each with caviar, some additional lemon zest and a good grind of fresh pepper and serve.
Tag @thecaviarco of you enjoying your recipe for a chance to be featured on our Social Media!
Recipe by The Coastal Table created exclusively for The Caviar Co.
Photo by Jennifer Johnson